Work and Wait with Patience for Your Time

By Ogiri John Ogiri.
Do you know? What you lack can be used as a bait to lure you into crime or kill you. What you desperately need can become a weapon someone might use to kill you. Yes, money, cars, accommodation, love, jobs, etc have been used to lure many desperate people into crime and grave before. They are still being used to lure many young people into crime and untimely death.

Be careful. Control your appetite. You must not buy or consume everything your heart desires particularly if those things are not yours. Be patient with yourself. Do not blame yourself, your parents or your roots for your predicament. The most important thing is that, you are here now and you can change your past for good but do not rush yourself into success. Work yourself into it. Take your time; take it slowly but diligently. Avoid the unnecessary comparison and the competition with others. Live within your means. Know this: what you cannot genuinely afford now does not belong to you. If you cannot pay for it with your genuinely-earned income, it is not yours. Take your eyes and mind off them and move on with your little efforts until you can afford them.

Let me tell you. My mates are getting good-paying jobs, building their houses, buying new cars or enjoying a comfortable lifestyle. I envy them. I desire to be like them too but should this desire become a reason for my sleepless night, unhappiness or hopelessness? Should I then become so desperate that I begin to contemplate taking to crime or contemplate suicide because I do not think I am doing enough? My answer is a capital NO. Why? There is a time for everything to come to pass and everyone to achieve his or her life's purposes. Those things that I cannot afford now do not belong to me. They can become mine only when I can afford them. 

So, the best I can do now is prepare myself intellectually, academically and physically, arming myself with the necessary life's skills (and there are many to acquire) and then either wait for the right opportunity to find me or go out there to find it, for it is often said that opportunity comes to prepared minds. I have to be ready for myself and opportunities.

My concluding thought? 

Do your best with the little opportunity you have where you are and leave the rest that are outside the locus of your control. Get yourself skillfully prepared for the right opportunities.Do not let anyone use your desperate situations as an opportunity to kill you or lure you into crime. Work and wait for your time. Time can unravel and resolve many knotty mysteries of life beyond anyone's comprehension. You must not quit doing the little efforts you have been making. They will definitely make the difference someday soon. 

Let peace of mind find you in your current situation.

© Ogiri John Ogiri.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polygamy Vs Homosexuality

What is the Problem with Marriage Today