Reflections

My Morning Reflections

When you don't know me;when you have never been close to me,you are likely to misunderstand me; you are likely to judge me wrongly. But before you write me off, first give me an opportunity to prove myself; before you judge me, wait until you have known me; wait until you have been close to me. I am not whom you think I am or should be or whom you perceive me to be. I am who I am. I am just me.
Be careful. Don't judge anyone wrongly. Don't write anyone off because of his or her present condition. You don't know tomorrow; tomorrow is unpredictable; tomorrow is a bottomless ocean which is without a definite end. The journey to the place called "tomorrow" is indeed a long and tortuous journey. It is not the swift that survive and get there; it is the humble, the courageous and the persistent at heart that eventually make it.  You have seen only what I am today but you haven't seen or known what I will become tomorrow.
Be wise! Be humble! Be empathic! Be considerate!
Help if you can but if you can't, don't add to people's sorrows. Don't make them feel they can never amount to anything in life; don't make them feel they don't deserve the best. That you're comfortable today is never a guarantee that you will be comfortable forever. Life changes.
The richer and more comfortable you're, the humbler you should be. Humility in success is a key to happiness.
A word is enough for the wise!

(Culled from the unpublished manuscript of "How To Achieve Real Happiness in Life" by Ogiri John Ogiri).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polygamy Vs Homosexuality

Work and Wait with Patience for Your Time

What is the Problem with Marriage Today