THE SECRET OF MY HAPPINESS

By Ogiri John Ogiri

That I walk around daily wearing an honest smile, like a priest in his reverred cassock, doesn't imply that I've no pain or sweat underneath my stylish furs. I do. I've only learnt to take responsibility for my personal happiness.
I live daily on the conviction that no one can truly and selflessly make me happy better than I can make myself happy in an enduring manner. No, you can't make me happy; I'm responsible for my happiness. I can't make you happy either; you're soley responsible for making yourself happy. Truth is, when we create happiness from within us, we can share in the opportunity to benefit from one another's happiness. In other words, I can only share in the happiness you'll be able to create inside you but I can't give you happiness. In the same vein, you can only share in the happiness I'll be able to create inside me but you can't give me happiness. 
Experience has shown that expecting others to make us happy has been, and still, is one of the leading causes of disappointments and heartbreaks in human relationships. When we expect happiness from our significant others ( fathers, mothers, brothers, children, sisters, wives, husbands, friends) and they fail, we suffer disappointments and heartbreaks. But it's not their faults. It's just not in their powers to make us happy. It's your duty to create your happiness. No one has the power to make you happy in real term except you. Let happiness, like a stream, flow from within you and you can conquer emotional powerlessness. Stop being unnecessarily hopeful and expectant. If you asked me, I'd say this is the secret of my happiness.
©Ogiri John Ogiri.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polygamy Vs Homosexuality

Work and Wait with Patience for Your Time

What is the Problem with Marriage Today