The Treachery of Fear in a Tempestuous Life


A storm has been stirred,
With a rage of a ragtag,
And a torment of a terrorist, 
It charges at me.
With its brutal barrage,
It enfeebles my resolve to resist 
And revel in victory. 

I face it with fright,
As I daily wake and walk, arise and advance
To stare at the picture of the future, 
I aspire to acquire in majesty.

Why should I drown in the sea of fright 
At the sight and experience of the storm of this life?
Why should I fret and falter in the furnace
When I possess and brandish a faith
 As impervious as the rock of Gibraltar?

But this is the human in a being. 
The human nature must threaten to quit
But the spirit eventually conquers the frailty of the flesh.
Only then can I dare to ascend victory 
As a crown ascends a throne. 

Lord, I do not ask you 
To stop the advance of this dangerous storm;
I want to sail to victory in it.
I do beg however to grant me the grace to triumph
So I can return gratitude for the victory. 
So help me God.

- Ogiri John Ogiri.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polygamy Vs Homosexuality

Work and Wait with Patience for Your Time

What is the Problem with Marriage Today